FAQs for "Improve your Technique” Month!
Alright, everyone! Hello and welcome to Month of Improving your Technique!
Together, we will guide you towards helpful exercises and set you on your way to improving your technique!
Three Weeks dedicated to Technique - Tutorials to get you started!
- Penelope Roskell's Pillars of Piano Technique
- Labs of Technique Training
- Scales, Arpeggios and Octaves with Seymor Bernstein
- Chopin Etudes with Garrick Ohlsson
How to Participate
- We are going to watch livestreams by Dominic that dive into different aspects of piano technique
- We will participate in interactive practice rooms hosted by Hilda that will make technique exercises a fun community activity
- We will share our practice in the dedicated Practice Threads!
- You comment and cheer for each other and celebrate our improvement!
Livestreams and Community Activities:
- Practice Thread (link will be added soon)
This is a great topic. My piano teacher has always encouraged me to practice either scales or arpeggios everyday although I don't always follow this advice. It's sort of like flossing your teeth. We know it's good for us, but may overlook sometimes. Since I have more practice time on Saturdays, made it a point to practice both scales and arpeggios this morning .