Week Three: Vive la musique française!
Hello and welcome to the WEEK THREE Main Thread for this challenge!
Alright everyone - this is the thread where we'll all be posting our daily updates.
Twice a week between May 23 - 30 I hope to be reading your daily updates in this very thread right here!
Please use the following format when commenting (feel free to copy & paste!):
- Piece you worked on:
- One thing you found easy:
- One thing you found difficult:
- (Optional): a video of you performing it!
Sample daily update:
- Piece you worked on: Ravel's Prelude
- One thing you found easy: Learning the notes, and rhythms were rather straight-forward, and not challenging!
- One thing you found difficult: Shifting the Hands was a bit tricky to get smooth!
Feel free to make these updates as short or long as you wish!
- Piece you worked on: Debussy's Arabesque No 1 Andatino con Moto
- One thing you found easy: with no fast jumps it's reative easy to be secure with the piece
- One thing you found difficult: the opening, for some reason I find this incredibly hard to start, especially since the opening doesn't have the right-hand leading voice at the entrance. I feel if I get a good opening the piece works right away, else I feel like I struggle to get it to flow correctly
Enjoy the video of my week #3 practice performance. I really feel energized (joie de vivre, perhaps) after my vacation in France last week. I think it has infused my playing, allowing me to create a more magical atmosphere in my playing.