Welcome to the tonebase Piano Community!
Hey everyone - this is Dominic from tonebase !
As the tonebase Piano LIVE director, it's such a pleasure to welcome you to the tonebase community. We would love to get to know you! Please introduce yourself in a post below with the following format:
- Where are you from and what's your favorite food from there? ;)
- What are you currently working on?
- What are you hoping to get out of this community?
I'll go first:
- I was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri and you better believe that I love my barbecue! It is hard to pick my favorite food between ribs, brisket, or a beautiful grilled steak, but if I have to decide...nothing beats a juicy, fall-off-the-bone rack of baby back ribs!
- Currently working on some old favorites of mine by Carl Vine (Piano Sonata No.1), Beethoven (Piano Concerto No.4) and Scriabin (Fantasy op.28) but also adding some great repertoire by H. Leslie Adams (Etude in A-flat minor Book 2), Laura Kaminsky (Alluvion), and Clara Schumann (Romanze in A minor Op.21 no.1)!
- I am hoping to getting to know and helping all of you achieve your musical and artistic goals. Let's have some fun and get to work!
Now over to you (after some participation from our tonebase team members!)
I am Bruno
I live in Brazil, Salvador, BA, and my favorite food is coconut shrimp stew. I live near the sea.
Right now I'm working Bwv 928 by Bach, a sonatina by Diabelli and two etudes of Cramer.
I hope i can learn more about technique and tone, and make some friends.
I start to learn piano with 19 years old, but until today in university I don`t have yet, the necessary discipline to study everyday and these gaps go backwards to my progress in piano. Right now, i am back studying, and i hope achieved the most I can get.
Hello!!! Excited to start this new journey with Tonebase.
- My name is Zayi and I live in Panama City, Panama. I like saus and guacho :)
- I´m currently restarting my piano education. I would like to continue with scales so I can start with musical pieces and being able to move more fluently on the keys.
- Right now my plan is to master scales and I'm very optimistic with the platform, yet I know 95% of my results are up to me and I´m very committed with this. Already promised my family a small Christmas concert this year, so I better get on it. As I stated before I have some knowledge of scales and chords, so hopefully that helps me :)
One day Ill be talking about pieces of Bach and Chopin! You'll see :)
I'm Mark, I'm from the UK, but been living in Spain for a while now.
Although, I've played a bit of keyboard over the years, and so know some music theory (sight reading etc) - however, I'm very much still a beginner, and have only recently started to practice more seriously with focus.
Currently, I've been working on technique (scales, hanon, improv), but I really would like to start working on some pieces - which is why I've joined Tonebase!
I'm finding it a little tricky to find where to start on tonebase.
any suggestion on starting points (and pieces) would be much appreciated :)
Hello all. I’m Chris from Utah. Been playing piano most of my 46 years in life and have been loving the tonebase content on YouTube. I’m great at sight reading but not at the level of what may be presented here on Tonebase. I’m looking to start teaching soon and was looking for some suggestions here as well as ways to improve my own technique. Still interested to figure out if this is the right fit for my goals.
Either way what a wonderful idea to bring together classical musicians in this space.
Hello everyone! I' m Theodora from Athens, Greece. I' m really glad I joined Tonebase! All videos are so interesting and helpful, you can' t stop watching! I studied piano for some years and after that I continued with singing and music theory studies. At the moment I am studying composition, and I want to improve my piano playing as well. Besides the satisfaction you get by playing all pieces you love, I believe that studying new works and expanding your repertoire, enhances your musical imagination and knowledge! Thank you for this wonderful opportunity!