Masterclass on Chopin masterpieces with Jarred Dunn!
Due to popular demand, we have Professor Jarred Dunn back! Today we will enjoy a variety of Chopin masterpieces and Mr. Dunn's commentary, advice and insights into this wonderful music. Don't miss this opportunity! Note: the early start time of 10am PT, and NO PERFORMING SLOTS available due to so many signing up before the event has even been listed!
1. Angelina Tan Chopin: Nocturne op.9 no.1 (Recording)
2. RoxyHart Chopin: Prelude op.28 no.20
This will be an interactive Livestream, so let me attach all the info needed for this exciting tonebase LIVE format!
WHAT IS THIS?
This interactive Livestream is our take on the cohort based learning model. We are used to learn in groups, we do that in school and in university, we do that when we interact in a community and learn from different perspectives. With new developments in online video communication software, we can bring this concept into tonebase and explore a new form of how you interact with our fantastic community!
WHAT DO I NEED?
- We are going to use ZOOM for the interactive part of Livestream (the same piece of software that we have been using for the Virtual Hangouts). While it is not necessary to download the software, I would recommend it as it runs more stable as the browser version. In order to have the best audio quality, you can activate the option to Preserve Original Sound, here you find the documentation on how to activate that.
- It's best to prepare for that lesson to get the most out of it in the interactive part! So listen to some of our fantastic release on
HOW DOES THIS TAKE PLACE?
- Simply watch the Livestream at the time indicated in the Live Calender!
- At the end of the approx. 25-35min Livestream, I will share a ZOOM Link in the Chat. Click on that link, it will take you to our ZOOM Cohort Based Course
- In the Zoom Call, we will get into greater depth about challenging passages of that piece, we can discuss certain fingering possibilities TOGETHER and YOU can get a full masterclass experience if you decide to take part with audio and video (not necessarily needed, more on that below)!
- Because we want to offer a place where true interaction can take place!
- Because we want you to have the full masterclass experience!
- Because we want you to truly engage with our inspiring and motivational community!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Do I need to watch the Livestream before the interactive class?
While it is not mandatory to watch the Livestream, the link to the class will be only shared in the chat of the Livestream! As the contents of the Livestream are going to be interactively worked on and discussed, it's a great opportunity to get you up and running on that topic!
I want to be there and watch, but I don't feel comfortable taking part actively and share my audio and video. Can I still participate?
Of course! You can still enter the ZOOM class without audio and video. Though I highly recommend to see this Livestream more as university group lesson and - more importantly - a chance to have a meaningful interaction not only with me but with fellow tonebase users!
LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, WE LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!