Interactive Masterclass with Dominic!
Hello everybody , we are super excited for a wonderful interactive class today!
This will be tonebase piano's FIRST interactive masterclass! Join us as several members get the chance to play LIVE for Dominic, and receive focused feedback to improve their repertoire!
1. Harriet Kaplan
This will be an interactive Livestream, so let me attach all the info needed for this exciting tonebase LIVE format!
What is this?
This interactive Livestream is our take on the cohort based learning model. We are used to learn in groups, we do that in school and in university, we do that when we interact in a community and learn from different perspectives. With new developments in online video communication software, we can bring this concept into tonebase and explore a new form of how you interact with our fantastic community!
What do I need?
- We are going to use ZOOM for the interactive part of Livestream (the same piece of software that we have been using for the Virtual Hangouts). While it is not necessary to download the software, I would recommend it as it runs more stable as the browser version. In order to have the best audio quality, you can activate the option to Preserve Original Sound, here you find the documentation on how to activate that.
- It's best to prepare for that lesson to get the most out of it in the interactive part! So listen to some of our fantastic release on
How does this take place?
- Simply watch the Livestream at the time indicated in the Live Calender!
- At the end of the approx. 25-35min Livestream, I will share a ZOOM Link in the Chat. Click on that link, it will take you to our ZOOM Cohort Based Course
- In the Zoom Call, we will get into greater depth about challenging passages of that piece, we can discuss certain fingering possibilities TOGETHER and YOU can get a full masterclass experience if you decide to take part with audio and video (not necessarily needed, more on that below)!
- Because we want to offer a place where true interaction can take place!
- Because we want you to have the full masterclass experience!
- Because we want you to truly engage with our inspiring and motivational community!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I need to watch the Livestream before the interactive class?
While it is not mandatory to watch the Livestream, the link to the class will be only shared in the chat of the Livestream! As the contents of the Livestream are going to be interactively worked on and discussed, it's a great opportunity to get you up and running on that topic!
I want to be there and watch, but I don't feel comfortable taking part actively and share my audio and video. Can I still participate?
Of course! You can still enter the ZOOM class without audio and video. Though I highly recommend to see this Livestream more as university group lesson and - more importantly - a chance to have a meaningful interaction not only with me but with fellow tonebase users!
LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, WE LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Hello everyone, the stream link will be active soon! Don't worry that you are getting an error code.
Also, NOTE! The start time has been changed to ONE HOUR EARLIER!
We can only have 4 participants this time, so the first 4 to respond were:
Please confirm that 10am PT is good for you!
Amy Reichel Carole Kincaid Hannahong larsnelissen Rose Chen Andrea Buckland Charmaine Buskas Harriet Kaplan Lassi Susan Rogers Anthony Miyake CK jastabile2 Lc Vidhya Bashyam Brother Will Green Juan Carlos Olite Qingzhi Vijay Beeshmacharri
Due to Ching-Yun being suddenly unavailable for this event, I will be taking her place as the instructor for this session!
Ching-Yun had requested a 10am PT start time, but since I will be filling in, I propose that we return to our scheduled and normal time of 11am PT!!!