Lisa Yui Debut Interactive Masterclass
Join Lisa Yui for her FIRST interactive masterclass on tonebase! Learn from this wonderful pianist and receive personalized feedback!
Find the start time in your time zone by clicking the photo or following this event link:
We are going to be using this thread to gather suggestions and questions!
- What questions do you have on this topic?
- Any particular area you would like me to focus on?
I am Alice Yip from Hong Kong. I saw that you would be holding a masterclass on June 30. I am currently working on both the 2nd movement and 3rd movement of Beethoven Sonata in A flat Major, Op.110 and I would love to seek your feedback on my playing. Although I very much would like to join the event and participate, my current time zone makes it very difficult for me to do so. Therefore, I send my recordings and hopefully it could be acceptable. It would be much appreciated if you could offer me some advice on my playing!
2nd movement of Beethoven Sonata in A flat Major, Op.110
3rd movement of Beethoven Sonata in A flat Major, Op.110
Beethoven 2nd Movement Difficulties
(1) In D Flat Major section, I tend to build up tensions when I play the whole passage with left-hand crossing and it becomes difficult to coordinate well(and to not miss notes).
(2) It is so difficult for me to control the steady tempo.
Beethoven 3rd Movement, Op.110 Difficulties:
(3) It is so challenging for me to play the notes evenly and control the steady tempo in the circled parts
(4) How much pedals should be used in the 3rd movement?
Thank you, Scott! As Dr. Yui said, you play with an "old soul" quality. I enjoyed it! Wonderful instruction, Dr. Yui! Excellent visual and technical instruction, Dominic! Thank you, Thurmond! I enjoyed your energetic performance! Thank you, Alice! I appreciate your playing, too! Thank you, Dr. Yui! Thank you, Dominic!