WEEK ONE Updates: Main Thread - Let the dancing begin!
Hello and welcome to the WEEK ONE Main Thread for this challenge!
Alright everyone - this is the thread where we'll all be posting our daily updates.
Twice a week between November 1 - 8th I hope to be reading your daily updates in this very thread right here!
Download the music:
Please use the following format when commenting (feel free to copy & paste!):
- Waltz you worked on:
- One thing you found easy:
- One thing you found difficult:
- (Optional): a video of you performing it!
Sample daily update:
- Waltz you worked on: No. 1
- One thing you found easy: Learning the notes, and rhythms were rather straight-forward, and not challenging!
- One thing you found difficult: Shifting the Hands was a bit tricky to get smooth!
Feel free to make these updates as short or long as you wish!
I love this challenge. I will like to study the no 1 to no 4 waltzs. The 11 to 14 if I have the time for it during this challenge. I still try to complete the Beethoven variations. I am new in Tonebass.
For now I work on the No 1...
What I found easy on the no 1 , easy notes, easy rythem, waltz in 3...I like the mouvement of waltzs.
What I found difficult, Ok maybe I will sound strange but in my case I found the notes at the left hand, sounds wrong...I don't know why...I do the good notes but I found it strange...I always look at the partition if I touch de good ones. lol! Am I alone to feel that ? Please help me, lol! And I don't feel the waltz, the sound of it yet...It is strange that I feel that...is in it? Maybe because I am not use to play Brahms repertoire. I trust mysel anough to be able to pass over that feeling...I hope so..
- Waltz you worked on: No. 1 Mostly. Focused on memorizing as I learn to play it. (Rather than learning to play it, then memorizing) also played through one or two times a day 2, 3 and 4.
- One thing you found easy: 2 and 3 are relaxing to read through after all the leaping octaves and memorizing work on 1.
- One thing you found difficult: I would say challenging - trying to memorize ASAP and maybe being a little too impatient with myself.
Hi everyone, I’ve decided to focus on number 1 and started on Friday. Hands separately for a day and then together slowly for a couple of days - started with first bar and when I was happy added on the second bar and then the third. This is a new approach for me and hopefully it will work the piece into my fingers and help with memorising it
One thing you found easy: reading through the notes and playing in each hand separately
One thing you found difficult: stopping my brain from overthinking while learning hands together. At times my inner voice gets in the way and causes me to hesitate, breaking the flow and losing the feel of a waltz