Unrequested feedback about Tonebase content
I recently subscribed to this platform and I'm overwhelmed by the amount of content, in form of videos, courses, "community challenge", "two weeks intensive", live events and much more.
I wish the content was somehow more structured so that I could feed "guided" in my journey, instead I feel that "everything is at reach, you only have to know what to search for".
I'd like to leave here some random suggestions for the staff, maybe the team can take some inspiration.
- can we have a shared web calendar with the live events?
- on the homepage, can we have an overview of *everything* that's going on ? for instance: The current "community challenge", the current "Two Week Intensives", the upcoming "live event" etc.
- would be nice to being able to mark a video as "watched" or "not watched".
- talking about the "live"section of the website, I find the content structure a bit confusing. "Live instructors" is separated from "Past live events" for no immediate clear reason. The website mentions that "live instructors" are "guest", but I'm a user of the platform, I don't know who's a guest and who's an employee..and that is not helping me on finding content right for me.
In the "live instructor" section I see courses and livestreams together. I'd expect to see first "livestream" and then maybe below in a section like "Did you like X? Watch also his courses".
- the "past live events" is divided in 4 sub-sections, I wish I knew the difference between a "live lesson" and a "webinar", but I don't and the website doesn't clarify it for me.
To conclude, I love this platform. for a reasonable price you get _tons_ of quality material, not like other platforms focused on "play these 4 cords". keep it up team!
Hi Ignazio! First of all, thank you very much for your feedback! We highly value suggestions from our members as they give us the most critical perspective on our product: the customer’s perspective.
I agree with you, a lot is going on, especially within the tonebase community, and it would be helpful to offer some guided structure. Some of it may seem unorganized because we still experiment with several formats to see what provides the most value to our members. On that note, we are currently working on simplifying the offering while offering a great variety of community activities!
Some of your suggestions refer to the structure of the website itself; I will take your feedback and forward that to our developers and see what we can do about it!
Maybe the first intensive should be about how to feel comfortable trying new things in front of large groups of people! All kidding aside, this reminded me of a midnight holiday sale at a Walmart. I just think there should be an alternative way of handling it, as I may not check my emails until later in the day, and never get in. There is so much value on this site it isn't a big deal, one way or another. I still think Tonebase is the best I've seen and feel lucky to be a member.