READ ME FIRST: Rules & FAQ for the tonebase Community Concert
Alright, everyone! Hello and welcome to our next tonebase Community Challenge! This time, we have something very unique for you: the tonebase Community Concert Challenge!
Together, we want to get ready to perform at the very first tonebase Community Concert! For that, we will do things a little bit differently this time, read carefully!
Introducing: The Practice Diary
Following this link, you will be taken to our new forum: The Practice Diary! In here, you share your progress update as you would have done it in a regular community challenge, but this time you do it:
- With a piece of your own choosing!
- In your personal thread, your personal Practice Diary!
In the Practice Diary, simply follow these steps:
- Create a new thread via the "What do you practice?" button the right!
- Tell us what you practice, why you want to play it and what you are currently struggling with, we are here to motivate and inspire each other to grow!
- Share a video , an audio file or simply a description of the current state of that piece!
- Repeat those following steps after a few days of practice by replying in your own thread aka your personal diary and let us be part of your journey!
- We are going to take the steps necessary to play at the first tonebase Community Concert!
- You will be sharing your progress update in your own thread in the The Practice Diary
- You choose how much time you will invest , but you commit to practicing them regularly.
- We will accompany the challenge with fun livestreams and activities listed below
- The Practice Diary will be continued even after the Challenge has ended, we will regularly host tonebase community concerts! Yes, this is going to be a thing and you can be part of it!
- Jan 3rd: Kickoff for the tonebase Community Concert Challenge
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Can I join the challenge if I wasn't there on Jan 3rd?
Yes! Just make sure you keep practicing every day and updating us at least twice a week.
Do I have to participate if I just want to watch the concert?
No, a concert also needs an audience! While we invite you to use our newly created Practice Diaries, you don't have to perform in the tonebase Community Concert to watch it!
I have a question, who do I ask?
Feel free to use this thread to ask any questions you might have about this challenge! If you would prefer to ask something in a more confidential setting, please use my email: [email protected]
Can I do more than one piece for the Concert?
Absolutely! As always, this challenge is for you - do with it what you wish. As long as you 1) practice every day; 2) keep track of your progress; 3) share your progress with others - you are fully participating! Of course I won't be mad if this is too easy for you ;)
↓ Reply with other questions below ↓
Hello Brother Will Green MTpiano Juan Carlos Olite Tzufeng CK Daniel Hewitt Derek McConville Hilda springgrass
Thank you so much for signing up! So we are planning to have a dress rehearsal THIS Saturday where we can run through how things will work for the concert.
Please join this livestream on SATURDAY at 11am PT.
We will have a short meeting on the usual livestream before I will send you a PRIVATE zoom meeting link! Then we will all go there and have the dress rehearsal. I am projecting the entire event to be around an hour long.
Please let me know if you CANNOT attend this Saturday or the concert on the 29th! Otherwise, see you all on Saturday for the Dress! Can't wait!
Thank you Dominic Cheli for this live event, listening you helping me to be more prepared for the next january 29 tonebass concert. I put the link here, if some want to listening it. I will eat bananas all week, next week, to be shure having anough potassium in my body to not making to much mistake with the stress I will probably have...lol! https://app.tonebase.co/piano/live/player/preparing-for-performance-piano