Improve your Harmonic Analysis: Public Space
ENHANCE YOUR INTERPRETATIONS THROUGH HARMONIC ANALYSIS WITH BEN LAUDE
This is the public space for those who were not assigned a group for the two week intensive!
This is a PUBLIC space for submissions! Ben won't be able to give as much individual attention here, but if you would like to be working on your harmonic work and posting here for feedback and discussion with other users, feel free to join in the fun!
This special Two Week Intensive is designed to level up your harmonic understanding and music analysis skills, and elevate your interpretations of your favorite pieces!
This Intensive is meant for pianists of different skill levels and music theory backgrounds. If you’re new to music analysis, you’ll find all the prerequisite knowledge you’ll need and more in Ben Laude’s “Music Theory Basics” course.
Whether you’re just getting your feet wet with Roman numeral analysis, want a better grasp of figured bass, or you’re ready to ascend to the high art of Schenkerian analysis, you WILL improve your skills in music theory and analysis.
- Course Period: August 1-12
RECOMMENDED TONEBASE COURSES
- Ben Laude: Music Theory Basics [Elementary concepts, Roman numerals]
- Derek Remes: Harmony and Composition in J.S. Bach’s Circle [Intermediate-advanced concepts, figured bass]
- (coming soon) Eric Wen: Music Theory for Pianists through the lens of Schenkerian Analysis[Intermediate-advanced concepts, Schenkerian Analysis]
- Nicole DiPaolo: Composing for piano – 3 ways to get started [featuring theory concepts applied to composition]